Over the weekend I had a craving for some quesadillas, but not just any quesadillas. No way man!
These quesadillas were made with homemade corn tortillas, gouda cheese, chipotle, and cilantro!
If I’m going to splurge I’m going to do it right. Not that quesadillas are bad or anything, it’s just that I’m on a mission to hit that 20 pound weight-loss mark. Quesadillas are hardly a meal to help with that goal, but I didn’t care. I HAD to feed my antojo. So glad I did too. You’re going to like these! Here’s the step-by-step.
Bring all the ingredients together in a bowl and mix them well with a spoon to make the cheese filling. The adobo sauce is not in the picture above because I added it in last minute. You can also add a little bit of salt if you like.
I also removed the seeds from the chili pepper before chopping it. I do not like any kind of chili pepper seeds because I don’t like the heat they bring. You can totally add them in if you want your quesadillas spicier.
Warm them up again over a griddle set on low to melt the cheese. Be sure to flip them over (switching sides) often to warm up both sides. Do this until you see the cheese start melting out of the edges, and you are done muh friend!
Serve with a dollop of sour cream or avocado slices. Or both ;).
Cilantro Chipotle Quesadillas
- 3/4 cup shredded gouda cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoon minced cilantro
- 1 minced chipotle chile in adobo sauce seeds removed; optional
- 1/2 teaspoon adobo sauce
- salt to taste optional
- 6-8 warm corn tortillas
- Bring together both cheeses, cilantro, chipotle and sauce, and the salt if using, in a bowl and mix them well with a spoon to make the cheese filling. Set aside.
- Warm all the tortillas then begin assembling the quesadillas by filling one side of a warm tortilla with some of the filling, then fold the empty half over the cheese. Once they are all filled, warm them up again over a griddle set on low to melt the cheese. Be sure to flip them over (switching sides) often to warm up both sides. Do this until you see the cheese start melting out of the edges.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream or avocado slices. Or both ;).