Hot days call for cool snacks! As a kid, I can remember having a lot of fruit in between meals and being completely content with whatever fruit it was. A bowl of watermelon or cantaloupe, or even jicama or cucumber with some lemon and salt was plenty to fill my appetite. A while back I had the craving for just that, so I put together a quick refreshing cold salad to fill my belly that brought me back to those days.
Cucumber & Jicama Citrus Salad
- 3/4 cup Jicama
- 3/4 cup Cucumber
- Juice from an orange or lemon if you don't have an orange
- Salt to taste
- Mint leaves (optional)
- Peel and cut the jicama and cucumber into bite sized pieces. Place in a bowl.
- Cut the orange in half and squeeze about 2 tablespoons into the bowl with jicama and cucumber. Toss together to coat with the orange juice.
- Sprinkle with salt and tajin to taste.
- Add chopped mint leaves if using.