2012 U.S. Open
2012 U.S. Open
Tiger Woods tees off at the eighth during the final round. (Copyright USGA/Joel Kowsky)


Now, as a wife, I am going to be honest and say that my husband has it pretty good.  Yes, I am going to brag about myself today because I NEVER do and I deserve to darn it.  Five or six days out of the week we have a good homecooked meal made by me of course, I clean, take good care of our children, save our family from having to pay for childcare, wash all our laundry when he’s too busy with work (he’s a pretty busy guy at work) and comes home late.  When he wants to talk about work or something that he’s really into, I listen and show as much interest as I can without interrupting.  You know, everything a good wife is supposed to do, because I love him.

Well, for Father’s Day my lucky husband got to go to the USGA Open 2012 Tournament in San Francisco with his own father.  Nice right?!  They had a blast!  The only downer was that no one was allowed to bring in phones or cameras. He found this picture and requested I use it on this post because they watched most of the game at this particular hole and was sitting somewhere on the right side.  Plus it’s a nice picture!

It was an all-day thing so, needless to say I was solo, again, with the kids all day on Sunday.  I took them to a park where they could get wet, dropped off a father’s day gift to a cousin and finished up with grocery shopping.  We came home, made dinner, ate and went to visit my mom and step-dad for a while, then back home at 9 pm to a nice surprise, “Daddy’s home!”  He had been gone since 7:40 in the morning so we were really missing him.  Little did I suspect he would come back with goodies for us all!  That was a nice surprise.  So the kids stayed up later than they usually do because they just wanted to hang out with him and see him open his father’s day gifts from us.  Finally at about 10:30 we put them to bed and got ourselves ready for bed.

Here’s where I get to my point.
The good wife (me) that has been about 85% alone to tend to her home, children and Daycare this entire week was e.x.h.a.u.s.t.e.d.  All I wanted to do was go. to. bed.  Close my eyes, ears, brain, y a dormir (and sleep)!  Guess what?  There was one more thing I had to do.  Hear a recap of my husband’s day.  OMG are you kidding me??!!  Nope.  Did I say anything? Nope.  Because I love him.  And he was SOOOOO excited and had such a great time, I wanted to hear about it and celebrate with him.  So, I listened.  I listened to his story of how close he was to so-and-so, who got a birdie, bogey, double bogey, the order in which the players went, how many and who played in teams, the route him and his dad walked through the field, how so many players’ balls ended up in this one particular bunker, oh my gosh it was a lot to take in at 11:30 pm after a long day and hard week.  All I kept thinking was make it stop!

I’m pretty sure I wasn’t doing a good job of listening toward the end of it though because in the middle of a sentence he said “you probably don’t want to hear anymore ha?”  with a sympathetic look on his face.  I nodded and said, “no, not really, I’m sorry.  I’m just really tired.”  He understood, smiled, and said ok.

Now if only he would listen to my stories just as much I listen to his.

I think there’s something wrong with his ears.

Or maybe not ;/