Remember the list I made last month about 50 back-to-school lunches ideas? I wanted to share some of our lunches from August that were inspired by that list. Most of them were prepared by me, but I do like to involve my children when it comes to making choices about food, so a few of the school lunches you will see below were also prepared by my 7-year-old daughter.
Back To School Lunch Ideas
- Nutella sandwich, string cheese, blueberries and chocolate covered raisins, Caesar salad with olives.
2. Thin Bagel with cream cheese, string cheese, mango chunks, olives.
3. Spinach, cream cheese, and bacon stuffed biscuit rolls (recipe will be posted soon), chocolate raisins, string cheese, cucumber slices, watermelon.
4. Cheese and tortilla rolls, cucumber sticks, arroz con leche, mango chuncks with spinach leaves and blueberries.
5. Ham and cheese sandwich on a biscuit, sugar snap peas, strawberries, yogurt, chocolate raisins.
6. Potstickers, string cheese, strawberries and blueberries, fig bar
7. Ham sandwich, string cheese, fig newtons, carrot sticks and olives, grapes.
8. Almond butter and Nutella sandwich, applesauce, strawberries.
9. Ham and cheese sandwich, nectarine slices, fig bar, carrot sticks
That’s all I was able to document in 2 1/2 weeks. I’d like to keep up with posting a two-week round-up of her lunches. It helps to see them all together like this to know if I’m sending too much or too little of one particular food group.
Sandwiches for example, are a common item in these lunches (which is what I was trying to limit to no more than once a week, but obviously failed at). As you can see, she loves her Nutella sandwiches. String cheese is another frequent one because my kids love cheese. I’m really trying to improve her lunches without giving her something she isn’t going to eat. That’s what makes it so difficult. She’s a picky eater lately.
If you have any ideas, I’d love to hear about them! So far, these seem to be the winners, with the exception of the carrots and sugar snap peas. She didn’t eat them :(.
By the way, can you guess which lunches she packed? Let me know your guesses in the comments!